I started blogging again not only to chronicle the events in my life, but also to share my perspective with the rest of the world whom may be reading.
I believe that one of the most defining characteristics of my life is my struggle to find my place in the world. I have always regarded myself as a misfit, and generally believe that most people don't understand what keeps me going. Granted, I have little idea as to why I choose to do what I do, and what motivates myself to do so.
Everyday for me seems to be a struggle to fit in and a struggle to understand and tolerate the people around me. I love the friends I've made in college, but many a times it's hard to for me to relate to other people. Another one of my defining characteristics is my unwillingness to conceal the gifts that I believe God has given me. For those of you who don't know, I was born into a family of dedicated athletes. Not only have I never played a varsity sport, but I also surpassed the sum of my parents ACT scores. I know that perhaps my parents weren't the best in terms of relating to me and understanding what I was going through, but I still love them dearly nonetheless.
At times I believe that I am an adult trapped inside a young woman's body, but I try to live it up to the best of my ability. When I look back at my high school years, I see unbelievable dedication. I wish I could be as I was, because it is truly astonishing in retrospect.
For me to be the first person in my family to ever attain an academic scholarship, to me, is something very powerful, and something of which I am very proud.
But anyways, I'd like to say that I am truly enjoying my life so far at OU.
The three months I have spent here have truly transformed me as a person.
I claim that I am much more fearless, social, and efficient than I have ever been before.
But I believe that I have taken academic opportunities for granted, at least this semester.
I took easy classes and seem to have forgotten how it feels to delve into unknown material.
While I peruse the shelves of the library, I gape at the sheer amount of accessible knowledge.
To me, there is just so much to be learned. I'd like to take the time over winter break to catch up on reading. I'd like to read some more classics--along the lines of Austen, Hemingway, and Joyce.
Well, enough learning about why I like to learn. I'm going to eat dinner with Priscilla and write a journal entry later.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment