Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh how I hate making decisions

I really don't know what I want to do.
I have ideas, but many things come into play.
The most prominent consideration for me is a conflict between practicality and my own personal interest.

I'd like to go to law school, therefore I can technically major in anything.
However, my parents stress that I need a major that will guarantee me a job other than secondary school teaching.
Therefore, I am currently a business major, but I nevertheless feel like a business degree will not reflect my full potential.

I have an extraordinary ability to communicate in writing. All of my prompts are more or less impromptu, as each reflects its own stream of consciousness. I love to write, I love to read, and I love experimenting with language and expression.

If I could truly have it my way, I would study English and Spanish. I also really like economics.
If money wasn't a consideration, my dream would be to earn a PhD in Spanish from either Brown or Yale.
I would just teach, analyze, and write.
Most people take Spanish because it is either required or a good additive to any resumé. But I take it because it is my true love. I love Spanish. To me, Spanish, from a cultural perspective, puts its relatives, French and Italian, to shame. No other culture I have ever encountered is so rich with passion. The literature never fails to fascinate me, and the people never cease to inspire.
I know I will study Spanish.
I think I will also try to study English if I can get the support of my parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment