Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Da sky is falling

Ok. Seeing that I have just been prank called by someone who says I should “update my f*cking blog” I realize that I kinda failed…already. Whoops. Props to whoever that was btw.
Also seeing that very little other than my monotonous 9-5 job and the Victoria’s Secret semi-annual sale is going on in my little spectrum of the world, and knowing that I am not going to spiel on foreclosure procedure or my recent purchases…perhaps I should zoom in on something of excitement.

Hmm. Haha. It is difficult when I’m in Tulsa and my life is in Norman.

Family. Wii. Nails. Helga Skaftason. Hot Fuss. Panda Cow. Making fun of Basques and their language that God doesn’t even comprehend.

Tonight I happen to be in one of those odd Lily Allen moods. Ya know. I feel like trippin around LDN and knocking some common sense into people. Ok, so that first one was a joke. But seriously, given that I clue in to Yahoo! News about once every thirty minutes in order to maintain my sanity in my lonely little cubicle (ok, so now I sound like a whiny bitch, but whatever), the hallmark for me is not the articles themselves, but the choice of headlines and the comments users leave.

“Homeless man’s amazing talent?” What? Homeless people have talent? Jk.
“Kellie Pickler elopes.” Who?
“Most Obese place on Earth” Wait…you mean it’s not Oklahoma?

…

I don’t know what’s right and what’s real, anymore
I Don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
When do you thing it will all become clear?
Because Im being taken over by the Fear

I have to admit, I am an optimist with regard to my fellow Americans, but some of y’all make me want to hop on the next plane to Barcelona.

For today, the story that truly takes the cake is a report on the death of thousands of blackbirds in Beebe, Arkansas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

It’s a freaking holiday for Chicken Little.

Yes, I think it’s rather eerie. Yes, I could have expected Bible verses, environmental theories, and 2012 Mayan-esquewed philosophy. But the responses were straight up hilarious. Lots of Lightening storms.

Some people have suggested Sarah Palin, some animal, inter-species warfare, some say that the sky is falling. Conspiracy theories. Yes, because Westboro Baptist church decided to vent its fermenting, inbred anger on the blackbirds. They’ve become the KKK of the animal world. Alright, so that was a little much.

I can’t really say I have a hypothesis. No, I don’t believe the world is ending. Yeah, it could be the fireworks, the hail, or the methane gas from the earthquakes. It could just be Arkansas. But the reality is that it has very little to do with my life, and that I care so I can get out of doing my job for ten minutes. Don’t we all.

Anyhoo.

I’m off to dry my hair and paint my claws red.

Toodles,

Brumbi

No comments:

Post a Comment